Skip to main content


How to Enroll at Roosevelt High School

If you want to be part of the Rough Rider Family, there are several options!


If you live in the Boyle Heights Zone of Choice (ZOC), you can apply through the LAUSD Zone of Choice Office


To find out if you live in the Boyle Heights ZOC click this link.


If you live out of the area, you can apply for Open Enrollment starting the first week of May.

  • If the number of applications exceeds the number of open enrollment seats, a random electronic drawing will be held in early June.
  • Check the website,, or come to the Roosevelt Admissions & Attendance Office in the first week of May.

In some cases, you may also qualify for an Intra-District (within LAUSD) or Inter-District Permit (from outside LAUSD).